“It’s All Mine!” 10-7-18
Bottom Line: Money is a gift from God what we must use to glorify Him.
A. How many movies have you seen where someone says, “Everyone has a price”? A classic line about human nature
1. A point or a place where they can be bought!
2. The desire for money win’s over principle, character, and doing what’s right!
B. Is there an amount of money that would cause you to sell out? Does the amount really matter?
1. The prodigal son: inheritance, fun, and pleasure
2. Satan’s challenge to Job (& God) = shallow faith!
3. Judas’ price was thirty pieces of silver
C. Satan knows your price!
1. What you will compromise to get what you want!
2. What it takes to get you to ignore God & His church!
3. What you will sell your soul for!
D. He thought he know Jesus’ price…
1. In human form, apart from God, facing death, and without food for forty days.
2. Matt. 4:1, “Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil.” Why? Some friend?
3. Physical desire? Pride of position? Power of control? Jesus said, “Away from me” – we say, “Bring it on!”
E. Money causes us to think crazy things!
1. It can drive the most important decisions of our life!
2. Like a gun, it can cause incredible evil or good!
3. Because it effects our quality of life, it will ALWAYS have the potential of being a god/idol for us!
F. Out attitude about money can put out the Spirit’s flame or build it up! Only we choose!
* Three clear warnings from the Bible…
1. Don’t love it!
A. The love of money turns it into an idol!
1. 1 Tim.6:6-10, it’s the fight of a lifetime!
2. Most misquoted verse in the Bible! Love not money?
B. Money must be a tool to use not an object to love!
1. A means to an end, but we must choose the end!
2. Jesus did in Matt.6:19-21, Heaven & heart (vs.21)
C. Don’t let it be a fatal attraction!
1. Beatrix LaStrange’s curse on her bank vault riches.
2. The quicksand of missed opportunities for future prosperity? Sounds good but it will cost too much!
2. Don’t misuse it!
A. Everything we have is a gift and we are stewards of!
1. Story: Man finds magic lamp w/ Genie: “What’s your first wish?” “I want to be rich!” Nods head, “Okay Rich, what’s your second wish!”
2. Parable of the Talents = much given = much expected
B. Glorify God with it! What does He want?
1. Provide for family, enjoy life, & help others!
2. Use it to grow! Invest in your walk w/ God!
C. Plan to be a giver like Jesus! Grow & develop it!
3. Don’t rob God!
A. Malachi 3:6-10: robing God through selfishness!
B. It’s not about tithing but supporting God’s plan!
1. Giving is not a formal act of worship but an act of love for God and His family! Not 1 Cor.16:2 but Acts 2:42-47
2. His kingdom must come first!
C. It’s His gift: pray – plan – budget! Be intentional!
1. This is something we have worked on for years
2. Not supporting and institution but our family!
A. Be careful of buying into the Devil’s lies! Convenient!
1. Don’t give to facilities and administration!
2. Give a percentage of what is left over!
3. Someone else will do it if I don’t!
4. It’s okay for me to let everyone else cover my part!
5. I’ll pray, plan, & budget…one of these days!
B. Is there such a thing as becoming like Jesus without learning to be a giver?
C. “You just want our money!” No, I want you soul!
“It’s All Mine!” 10-7-18