HeartSight – The Fullness of God 2-16-20
A. Consider your life history of prayer:
1. How long have you known The Lord’s Prayer?
2. Bedtime prayer: Now I lay me down to sleep
3. Song prayers
4. Unknown prayers! Help me prayers!
5. God’s prayers for you
6. Dad prayers (Mom’s too)
B. Deepest heart-level prayers are for those we love most. Family – kids
C. What we pray for our kids changes through our growing years!
1. They are growing and changing but so are we
2. We are learning what and how to pray during time of our greatest influence on them. Also during our own faith formation years.
D. Where does the greatest influence for Jesus come from?
1. Family, church family, & world
2. Distractions and prayer life: three stages of growing 20-40, 40-60, 60-80
E. What should we be praying for those we love most?
1. Safety, health, success, and happiness?
2. Deep heart-level spiritual love prayer – eternal things
F. Paul tells us in Eph.3:14-21. Shows us a deeply spiritual prayer.
1. Humble respect for the presence of God
A. Physically responding to Him – vs.14 kneel
B. Driven by heart not image control – Looks? Preventing something good?
C. Posture predicts response
2. The indwelling of Christ, vs.15-17a
A. His glorious riches! He wants go give and help! Waiting!
B. Strengthen with power through his Spirit in your inner being
C. Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith
3. Filled with the love of God, vs.17b-19
A. Rooted and established in love = foundation
B. Power together with all the Lord’s holy people = church
C. Grasp and know the love of Christ = fullness of God
4. Trust in God’s power, vs.20-21
A. Immeasurably more than ask or imagine
B. Power is at work in us = now – capable of having a deep relationship with God
C. Glory to God in the church
A. Gather to pray for our loved ones
B. Prayer for what God wants us to pray about for them
C. Whatever we ask, He can do more!