Godship: Sharing God 9-15-19
Bottom Line: An honest relationship with God is seen in our willingness to share Him.
A. I love the music from Fiddler On the Roof.
1. All are great but especially – Do You Love Me
2. Asks if love is more than simple doing for someone
B. Godship is a real relationship with God! He asks the same question as Teyve asked. Except, HE KNOWS!
1. Is it real or just talk? Is it a relationship or religion?
2. Is it churching? Doing church w/o a relationship…
C. Look at a couple examples of Godship in the Bible.
1. David in Psalm 51:10-13. Requests & Responses
– Pure heart, steadfast spirit, presence, Holy Spirit
– Joy of salvation, willing spirit, then I will tell…
2. Paul’s prayer for the church. Eph.1:15-19
– That we would know Him better!
– Why? Because of what He’s done, 2:1-10!
D. Steps essential for a relationship w/ God – Godship!
1. Seek = desire and pursuit
2. Serve = please and obey
3. Sense = presence and active; Lesson ideas Hug to Holy
E. The fourth step in our real & honest relationship with God is Share – Sharing Him and all He is!
1. Sharing is the natural response to any loving relationship! It’s too good to keep to myself!
2. Love causes us to be thankful, to be sharing, and to be talkative! We do it naturally – when we truly care & love!
F. Some simple principles of why Godship involves the essential step of Sharing…
1. We talk about what we care about!
A. Godly Pride! My Dad is awesome! I gotta talk…
1. Jeremiah 20:7-9 “his word is in my heart like a fire”
2. Paul in 1 Cor.9:16 “Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!”
B. Godly Priority! We talk about what’s important to us!
C. Godly Potential! “You could be close to God!”
2. We give because He gave!
A. We are an extension of our Father! Act & look alike!
B. God never used guilt to get His children to share!
C. More than serving – it’s being!
3. We pursue opportunities to shine for Him!
A. We treat grace like a child sharing M&Ms – limited!
B. Pursue others like God does! Love, grace, & godliness!
C. No guilt, no threat, just “be ready” – share not sell!
A. Relook at 1 John 4:9-10 = WOW! SHARE = vs.11-12!
B. Christmas is 3 months away next week – gift time!
C. What is the most memorable gift you’ve ever given?
1. An expensive gift? A memorable special gift?
2. God? All He gave us must be given away!
D. Which gifts will be talked about in heaven?